Universall McCann (pdf, 5,3MB) mit einer aktuellen Erhebung betreffend Nutzung der Globalen Mobilen Internetnutzung und was Nutzer wirklich wollen. Wie Howie sehr richtig vermerkte, ein Must Read!
Access is universal world-wide
• Consumers in the connected world have access to a massive range of portable devices regardless of local market economic, social and cultural conditions.
Audio devices currently dominate
• 41% have an audio player versus 20% who have a player with video capacity.
Mobile phones are evolving from voice to data devices
• The leading markets are driven by messaging and data. In Japan just 24% of mobile usage is phone calls, compared to 65% in the USA.
3G phones are the most in demand portable device worldwide
• 3G is the number one in demand portable technology – 43% want to adopt. This is ahead of all other platforms, including media players, portable gaming and laptops.
There is a huge appetite for content on these devices that is not currently being satisfied.
• Role for marketers to create, sponsor and provide access to content and services.
Portable technology is driving the rise of User-Generated Content (UGC)
• Digital cameras are the most popular portable device after mobiles – 81% of our connected sample have one. Camera phones are nearly as popular, 76% have access.
Music, films and games are the most valued content
• Despite the huge amount being created, UGC is the least popular form of content to consume.
• Professional content producers are not about to be superseded on future media platforms.
Illegal downloads leading the way
• Ripping legal CDs to portable devices is the number one source of content, 38% have done so. This is still ahead of peer-to-peer illegal downloads, which stands at 36%.
• Both exceed paid-for downloads, which is just 16% despite the fact that music is the number one form of portable content that users would pay for.
Branded content is the most popular advertising format
• Branded content is the most popular of all advertising formats with 67% finding this acceptable or valuable.
• Opportunity exists in this future media environment to provide consumers with what they want and drive genuine consumer benefit by creating, sponsoring or providing access to content.