The Near Field Communication World series comes to Europe! In 2008 we are heading for London, building on the phenomenal success of this worldwide forum at recognising the proliferation of NFC adoption.
NFC uptake has now reached the stage that it requires standardization, interoperability and security across multiple applications and organizations across many disparate industries.
Near Field Communications World has brought together representatives of every link in the NFC value chain to explore the possibilities of the technology. It is the only global event that unites mobile operators, banks, handset manufacturers, retailers, payment service providers, public transport operators and advertising and marketing experts.
With more than 40 million contactless payment cards expected to be shipped globally by the end of 2007 Near Field Communication -enabled handsets will soon become the choice platform for the mobile market.
Experts predict that by 2010, more than 500 million handsets will incorporate NFC capabilities – which will be used not only for payments at points of sale and remotely, but will also be able to access information from smart objects.
- Industry pioneers explore today’s NFC market: key drivers and inhibitors, what challenges the industry face and what the future holds for the entire ecosystem
- Retail CIOs gather to discuss the major issues impacting their business and the inhibitors and enablers to NFC adoption
- Leading mobile operators from around the globe explore the best methods for implementation and customer uptake
- The world’s most respected service providers detail new solutions now available to operators and retailers
- Card Associations discuss how to maximise the investment in customer contactless solutions