Many experts, studies and observations have come to the conclusion that the year 2012 will be the year in which we begin to use our mobile devices for shopping. It is shown by many surveys that this is not only wishful thinking. The consumers want flexible shopping and they also do it.
Reason enough for us at mobile zeitgeist, to dedicate a special issue to this trend. Thanks to our sponsor Shopgate we could provide this issue about mobile shopping.
Within eleven authors describe the trading conditions, give hints on how the optimal mobile shop has to be designed and what demands consumers have to a mobile payment solution. The textile mail-order company bonprix and the mobile grocery retailer saymo.de give us an interesting insight on their experiences with mobile shops and the challenges connected with this.
Our sponsor Shopgate has made it possible to not only supply this special issue in German, but also in English.
We thank the authors and as always the designers of our wonderful title graphics. Which turned out really nice again. All graphics may be admired on our Google+ Site and on Pinterest.
Our next special will appear end of April 2012 and cover „mobile technologies“ again, which we had a look into in October 2009. If you want to be an author in this special contact me at: heikescholz[at]mobile-zeigeist.com. If you are interested in realizing a sponsored special issue feel free to contact me as well.
The first mobile zeitgeist Special appeared in January 2009. Since then we have released 14 issues, which we have bundled into an application for the iPad. The application is free and the first 9 specials are supplied gratis. The current issues can be purchased within the App for 79 Cent each.
Our iPad-App was made by mineus with the ePaper solution for Magazines and magazine publishers, with which pdf-issues can be read on the iPad, Android tablets and also on the iPhone.
Update: After a long time “PayWithATweet” didn’t work in a stable mode any more. So we moved our Specials to our Online-Shop.
All our mobile zeitgeist Specials [German]:
- Ausgabe 1/2009 (Januar): Mobile Marketing und Mobile Advertising
- Ausgabe 2/2009 (April): Mobile Finance: Mobile Banking, Mobile Payment, Mobile Commerce
- Ausgabe 3/2009 (Juli): Mobile Entertainment: Mobile Music, Mobile TV, Mobile Video, Mobile Games
- Ausgabe 4/2009 (Oktober): Mobile Technologien: Betriebssysteme, Plattformen, Endgeräte, Netzinfrastruktur
- Ausgabe 1/2010 (Januar): Mobile 2.0: Applikationen und App Stores, Mobile Dienste 2.0
- Ausgabe 2/2010 (April): Mobile Marketing und Mobile Advertising – Reloaded: Was hat sich getan und wie geht es weiter?
- Ausgabe 3/2010 (Juli): Looking outside – What we can learn from other countries?
- Sonderausgabe Voice 10/2010 (Oktober): Voice in Zeiten von Apps
- Ausgabe 4/2010 (Oktober): Drei Jahre iPhone – Quo Vadis, Mobile Market?
- Ausgabe 1/2011 (Januar): Apps vs. Mobile Browser – Ist das Wettrennen entschieden?
- Ausgabe 2/2011 (April): Mobile Commerce – Reloaded
- Ausgabe 3/2011 (Juli): Mobile Unternehmenskommunikation
- Ausgabe 4/2011 (November): Mobile und Social Media
- Ausgabe 1/2012 (Januar): Digital Publishing
- Sonderausgabe Shopping 2/2012 (Februar): Mobile Shopping